Sunday, March 8, 2015

More BUTTERFLY BASICS collage cards

I made these cards while we were in Texas on vacation (watch in future days for more cards), so had limited supplies-no Bigshot or dies. I had a few of the butterfly thinlets precut. I love the collage look achieved with this set. 
This first card has a base of Bermuda Bay and also uses the circle stamps from Painted Petals set. I colored the central flower with blendabilities then cut it out and popped it up. It took some time, not something I would want to do if I was making lots, but I love the look for one card. This butterfly is several layers of waxed paper that I used when I cut out the butterfly. They seem to stick together until there are 3-4 layers that forms a nice thicker butterfly. I colored it with coastal cabana blendabilies.
This card has a bit of a different feel due to more muted colors. 
I used 2013-2015 In Colors with some Crushed Curry thrown 
in the mix. I distressed the edges on both cards, goes with 
the collage effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment