Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthday card class

I did a Christmas card class in Oct and the gals asked for another one. So this is my birthday card class. We did 4 cards each of these 5 different cards. I had 7 gals come 3/24 and have 5 more for 4/7. If anyone else is interested let me know asap for the 4/7 class. The cost is $37.50 and includes lunch. Most of the cards were inspired from others on Splitcoaststampers or Stampin' Connection, but I used some of my own touches as well.
 Embedded embossing technique, a card for all ages! Not sure who to credit for this, can't find the card again. I used cherry cobbler, night of navy, more mustard, and old olive.
 This is an interlocking card using the new label framelits. A little challenging, but definitely worth the effort. The stamp is from the fresh vintage set, a free Sale-A-Bration selection. Colors are pear pizazz, blushing bride, and island indigo, with baja breeze seam binding. I actually used baja breeze for the butterfly on my final card.
 Meant to be a masculine card, but could be dressed up with a flower or hearts for the ladies in your life.
 Saw this ship in a bottle done by several people, but found the template for the bottle from Marie Shaughnessy. I made the bottle a bit narrower and used sponging then embossing powder to age it! Again, quite a bit of work, but a real hit with my group of gals.
Totally my own creation, this uses card stock weight vellum for the scallop envelope, then it is embossed. The dsp is a hostess selection. Very bright cheery card. We used a lot of punches for this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment