Monday, March 26, 2012

Cards for missionaries

Every year I design and prep cards for our ladies group to make to send to our female missionaries for their birthdays. These are the cards I made for this year. Our group of 24 ladies made 67 cards in 1 hr and 15 min. Some of the cardstock that I used is not SU or is retired since I totally donate all of my supplies for this project. 

I used the pink and red paper pack that I got from the clearance rack. The flame is from the build a blossom punch. The teen table made these cards and did a pretty good job.

The butterfly is stamped on vellum. The gals who made this card did a really good job.
This card was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. Just using a wheel and sponging was new to some.
Another card using the pink and red paper pack. I love the simplicity of this card, a great way to use up scraps of dsp.
I used the happy birthday with a cherry on top sentiment from the stamp set "A word for you"  for the inside and we used a pink brad on the top cherry. The paper is another one that I picked up from the clearance rack. It matched some non SU card stock that I had.
I have seen several samples using black and daffodil and loved them, so this is how this card came about. The stamp is from "Fresh vintage" Sale-A-Bration free with a $50 order.

No comments:

Post a Comment