Friday, July 19, 2013

Secret Garden

It took me awhile to feel the love for this stamp set and coordinating framelits, but I have jumped on the bandwagon. Here are some cards I have made using this set.
This technique is called puzzle piece resist, I found the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers, but saw a similar card using secret garden by Joan Jeffrey. I made this in about 15 min, the longest time was deciding on flower colors. I used gumball green, pacific point, rich razzleberry, and pumpkin pie for flowers and leaves, and pool party for the background. I think the black layer really makes everything pop.
 This is my first shadowbox card, below is the second. Only difference is the oval framelit window vs the labels framelit window. Which do you like better? We are making this at club tomorrow.
 This last card below is the very first one I made using this set. Most of the flowers are stamped on vellum, colored from behind, then flipped over onto a foam piercing mat and rubbed with stylus for dimension. The flowers in the lower right are the middle of the flower on top. That flower can be cut into 3 layers, as I did with this card. I used new In Colors: pistachio pudding, strawberry slush, and cantaloupe crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment