Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas card class

First I must apologize for being away from blogging for so long. I had computer and internet issues, then have been moving from one deadline to the next, as I'm sure you all can relate to. But I hope to get back in the swing. Come back often as I am making many posts today, but will schedule them for future dates. 

These 5 cards are from a class I offered Oct 25th. 
This card was inspired by a window card that Amy Celona made. I added the car and tree and changed up the colors and greeting. It uses the stamp set White Christmas. I used hardwood background stamp for the window. 
 I'm not sure who to credit this idea, but I added the pool party base and used all is calm washi tape instead of dsp. LOVE the new all is calm snowflake embellishment. Stamp set is endless wishes.
 I was inspired by a card made by Lynn Weiss for this one. It uses festival of trees stamp set and matching tree punch. I used iridescent ice on the raised tree and dazzling details lightly brushed on the background trees. Sentiment is from the good greeting set that we earned as demonstrator or free to hostesses in Sept and Oct. Snowflakes are from endless wishes set. I used various patterns from the all is calm dsp for the background. They all worked!
I saw Jan Tink's card similar to this and knew I had to CASE it! I made a few changes, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this step card made with holiday home stamp set and matching framelits. I made my own background paper for the left side using the smallest snowflake from endless wishes. The snow mounds are made using dazzling diamonds glimmer paper.
This is a flip card using the label thinlet. Again, not sure who to credit for this idea, I did extensive searches for card designs using Pinterest as well as Stampin Connection and Splitcoaststampers. I used northern flurry embossing folder, petite pairs for the sentiment, and the stamped snowflake is also from endless wishes. SIlver glimmer paper added some sparkle. The dsp is leftover from last years northern frost paper pack (I needed a lot the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment