Friday, September 25, 2009

Another winner! Pennant Angel

Click on photo to enlarge image! I saw an angel made with the Bigshot pennant die by Lyssa Zwolanek on Splitcoaststampers.com. I totally fell in love with it and decided to make one for the Iowa State Fair. I changed mine up a bit, but loved the so saffron color that she used. I used a retired swirls and stars wheel for the background and added stickles silver glitter glue for the halo. My face isn't as cute as hers either. But I did win a 3rd place ribbon for Christmas decorations!
I used Stampin'Up! shimmer white card stock and cut 4 large pennants for the body. After I used the wheel, I sponged all the edges with so saffron ink. The wings are made from the small pennant die also wheeled with so saffron and then I used 2 way glue and dazzling diamonds glitter. The arms are an end off a small pennant and the hands are blush blossom card stock with the scallop circle punch. The face is a circle punch atop the scallop circle. The halo is with the scallop circle used after a round circle. The head is inserted into the body with a toothpick.
You can see Lyssa's here:
http://songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com/song_of_my_heart_stampers/2009/07/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, this is adorable! Thanks for giving me credit, too. I am so happy for you to have won a prize at the fair! Too cute.
    Lyssa Z
    www.songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete