Thursday, June 23, 2011

Flower Garden textured impressions embossing folder

I used the "Flower Garden" embossing folder to make thse 3 cards. I wanted to add color so brayered color on the folder before I ran the paper through the bigshot. In this first one, I added the color to the "wrong side" (debossed side) of the folder, oops! Well then I tried it on the "right side" (embossed or raised side) and guess what? I like the wrong side better!!!

This card also uses the scallop trim border punch and 1/8" taffeta ribbon. Then I added a border with five of the new 3/4" x 15/16" oval punch in celery. I also punched the edge of the card with the scallop trim border punch and added a strip of celery inside that is also punched with the scallop trim border punch. You can't see it but it is in there. 

 Even though I like the other side better, this is not a bad look. Not sure that I would color the stems again though. The simplistic look to this card focuses the attention on the embossed flowers.

This time I used the "wrong or debossed" side but I only brayered color on the raised portion of the folder. I did use the aqua painter to add some color to the stems and leaves. The rest of the card is over the top with the addition of punched boho blossoms and leaves. Hard to see, but I added some smooch illuminate topcoat to the inside of the flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment