Monday, February 25, 2013

More Swallowtail

I'm really enjoying this butterfly, it is so easy to stamp and emboss several at once, then use to make finished cards. You will probably see more later!!
 This card is really beautiful in real life, as with all pictures on my blog, if you click on it, it will enlarge to show more detail.  I stamped the butterfly in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I used sponge daubers and added color. I started with pool party in the middle and added wisteria wonder on the outside, it needed a third color, so I added so saffron in the middle. I used both the elegant butterfly and the bitty butterfly punch and wonderful wings embosslit.
This card started out similarly, I decided to start with so saffron in the middle, but it did not give enough definition, so I added some calypso coral, then went to pool party for the middle and wisteria wonder for the outside edge. I didn't like the coloring on the rest of the layer, so cut out the butterfly. Not sure I like this look as well, but I forged ahead. I had a spare piece of pool party already embossed with the framed tulip emdossing folder. I tried adding a rectangular layer, but liked the circle better.

No comments:

Post a Comment