Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lazy weekend in my stamp room

I chose to just play and make some cards. We have several missionary families coming to visit our church in the near future, so I'm beefing up my stash. I give each family a set of 10 assorted cards, so need lots over the course of a year.  
 This is returning color crushed curry. I had some textured card stock left from when it was an in color, so pulled it out. The seam binding is daffodil delight, but matches well. This is the first time I have played with my new 7/8" scallop circle punch and stamp set round array. My swallowtail needed some love, so I inked it up with versamark and used clear embossing powder. I sponged on crushed curry, cajun craze, and blushing bride.
 I had some card sized pieces of designer paper left, so made this card, but was at a loss for what to use. I finally settled on an always artichoke window framlit, with a white square, and baja breeze circle. I colored the center of the medallion from a retired set with markers then stamped and punched a circle. I added a Baja breeze flower from the bitty punch pack with an artichoke brad in the middle.
 This is the inside with a strip of dsp and an acorn from the same retired set(? name).

 I had these pieces stamped and punched from the hearts a flutter stamp set and matching framelits(more leftovers from my desk). They were already attached to the half doily. I added the 3 hearts and butterfly. My colors are perfect plum, marina mist, and rose red. I used dsp from the subtles paper stack in marina mist and a strip of rose red cardstock run through the fancy fan embossing folder. The hello is from a free SAB set and coordinating punch.
 I used the free dsp from sab to make a bunch of flags for this card. I embossed the top half of the card front with the chevron folder. The image is from a retired hostess birthday set that I colored with markers.
More retired dsp! I love rich razzleberry, but it hadn't had much love lately, so I pulled it out. The scallop is from perfect pennant bigz die. I inked up the central image from serene silhouettes. This set has sat in my stamp room and had not seen ink until now. The butterflies were also part of my stash. I used one on the inside as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment