Saturday, June 22, 2013

Loving the NEW Wildflower Meadow stamp

This stamp is so versatile, I'm showing you 5 different looks today!
 
This is the first card I made with it. I used the coordinating embossing folder. I then stamped again with tangerine tango and cut out 2 flowers to highlight. This card uses the retired color of river rock for the card base and ink. I also used tiny tags and the jewelry tag punch which has also retired. :(
 
I saw a card similar to this on the Stampin'Up! demonstrator website by Diane J Ouelette and knew I had to make it! This was one of our club cards last Sat. The card stock base is pink pirouette. Wildflower meadow is stamped on vellum with white craft ink and heated to dry. Then we used markers to color on the back. My favorite part of this card is the butterfly, also stamped on vellum, heat embossed, sponged with wisteria wonder, then to give it definition, I used a stylus on a foam pad from the back. The finishing touch is wisteria wonder baker's twine. So soft and feminine!
 
 This was my first attempt, but I heat embossed the white ink with clear embossing powder and the color didn't show through the back so I colored around the images. I like it, but would not color so far outside the images another time. The card stock base is midnight muse and the frame is primrose petals.
 I had lots of miscellaneous items on my desk and challenged my club to take some pieces home to make a card. Well, I am playing along also! I used the pretty in pink frame that was leftover from cutting out top note pieces on a basic grey card. I colored the wildflower meadow stamp with markers, spritzed with water, then stamped. I spritzed it again and stamped the white layer inside before I stamped my sentiment, neat look.
 Another leftover frame in island indigo that I paired with Baja breeze. This time I just inked up the wildflower meadow stamp with island indigo. I added pearls in the center of the flowers. I'm frustrated with the sentiment on the bottom since I used the stamp-a-ma jig and I still messed up the one on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment