Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate Breakfast anyone? Eat your heart out Jan Tink!!!

Our local radio station has had a chocolate breakfast for the last 6 years. It is from 5-9 AM!! I think I have been to 5 of them. My friends couldn't go this year so I decided to go by myself. Well this morning I woke up at 4 am and thought, I don't need that much chocolate, I don't want to get up this early, I won't waste the gas to go, etc. But common sense kicked in and said "It's once a year, what are you thinking? of course you'll go!!!" So I took my darling husband to work and went on to the chocolate breakfast. I arrived at 6:10, waited in line for about 35 min and had my first taste of many chocolate items by 6:45. There were 34 vendors there, all with samples of their wares-ice cream, cookies, cake, popcorn, candy, jelly, coffee, wine and more I'm sure. I don't drink wine or coffee, so I skipped those booths. By the end, I couldn't stuff my mouth fast enough, so I have a few goodies for later. I took pics, but only with my phone and I don't have a card yet to post them. They had Richie Lee-a 50's band/group there singing. He had a red sports coat and red shoes! And a really good voice, very enjoyable way to wait in line. Of course, I've never met a stranger, so I made friends in line. I was done and in the car by 7:45 or so. Now I need a nap, but I'm all hyped up on chocolate!!

P.S. Jan Tink is a fellow stamper/blogger who loves and talks about chocolate all the time.

I promise I will post some stamping projects soon. Just had a few other happenings in my life lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment