Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scallop envelope die boxes




I have seen people make these boxes from the bigshot scalloped envelope die, but had never made one. The red one on top is the one we made for club on Sat. I saw this one and really liked it, http://outsidetheboxinsidethelines.blogspot.com/2010/01/scalloped-envelope-box.html so made my own version. I used the new sending love specialty paper that has a glittery shimmer on one side of each page. We added the new chocolate chip 1/4" epoxy brads and a choc ribbon. It only uses 2 of the envelopes and I cut the bottom at 1/2". I was able to get 3 boxes out of 1 sheet of 12x12 card stock. The small oval punch was used to make the top handle.

The navy one on the left is what I am making for my daughter's wedding favors. Their colors are navy and silver. She kept telling me that she didn't want any table favors, just put kisses on the table. I had still been trying to come up with an idea so when I saw this box, I knew that was it!! In order to put kisses in the box, I had to make the bottom 1" wide. I made this and showed it to her and her fiance and they LOVED it. I told her that she was not going to deprive me of doing this, but now what have I gotten myself into?!? 200+ of these will take a little bit of time!!! I made the paper shred for this one, but picked some white up at Dollar Tree for the rest. Anyone want to come play?

The striped basket next to the red one is made with last years Sale-A-Bration designer paper. I cut 4 envelopes, but only need the tab on one side to glue each together. This would be a cute Easter basket. The bottom pic is a close up of the front of the box with a scalloped oval. I had seen the tutorial here (thanks Jan)http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2009/03/a-tisket-a-tasket.html but hadn't tried it until now. Really not hard at all and a fun addition to any project.

The one made with razzleberry lemonade dsp is 2 envelopes with the bottom cut at 1". I used a strip of 1x12" paper for the sides and handle. 2-3 of the 3x3" love notes fit inside just perfectly.


2 comments:

  1. Your box turned out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Very neat!!

    ReplyDelete