Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another swallowtail card!

This is the final swallowtail card that I have made, but beware, there will be more! I can't get enough of it and it is so easy to use. This card uses first edition dsp and one of the pages talks about the butterfly! I stamped the swallowtail with marina mist ink and did not emboss. I stamped 3 butterflies from Papillon Potpourri with basic grey ink and colored using an aquapainter. I made marina mist seam binding by dying vanilla using marina mist reinker in water and soaking the ribbon. I had to keep adding a drop or two of reinker until it got me the color I wanted. When your ribbon reaches the desired color don't rinse when you take it out. Ask me how I know that, tehe!! My favorite part of this card is the irregularly gathered ribbon attachment. I just used a tape runner such as SU Snail and hand gathered the ribbon. Then I added 2 tags from Tiny Tags stamp set and the jewelry tag punch. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment