Thursday, March 21, 2013

Super Duper easy butterfly cards

I first saw this card made by Mary Fish. She used Note Cards and Envelopes from the catalog
(pg 160, twenty 3 1/2x 5" cards with envelopes for $5.95). She added a white layer and punched out the elegant butterfly then added dsp behind the butterfly and added a white punched bitty butterfly such as you see here. Aislinn Chapotelle added the idea of using embossing folders to the white layer. I added the colored layer between the white and the card and made mine full sized cards. Most I left blank so the sentiment can be added when needed. This card would work well for birthday, get well, thinking of you, thank you, even sympathy!

 Uses perfect polka dots embossing folder. If you want a sentiment, can be added as a layer, or could have been stamped first, duh! The dsp is from last years SAB paper.
 This uses elegant bouquet embossing folder and subtles dsp paper pack, bashful blue.
 This dsp is from sunshine and sprinkles in the spring catalog. I added some color to the center of the flowers with an aquapainter.
 Another elegant bouquet embossing folder and subtles dsp in pretty in pink with a touch of color
 This is the first one I made before I added the colored layer behind. I used the elegant lines embossing folder and more of last years SAB dsp.
This dsp is from a hostess pack from last year. It is a great way to use up scraps. I turned my embossed layer upside down to punch the butterfly on the opposite side of this card. Just had to play a bit.











No comments:

Post a Comment