Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lattice die cards

I had seen this idea to use the lattice cutout behind the windows framelits cutout and wanted to try it. The one I saw had vellum behind, but I liked it with the white. The cardstock is crisp cantaloupe and I used calypso coral ink and ribbon. I hand cut the wavy paper for the sentiment. Add a few rhinestone jewels and you have a finished card.
For this next card, I used the negative image and added back the cut out pieces. It isn't hard when you cut a lattice out of lightweight cardboard to lay down as a template and glue each piece back in. Then remove the template and you have your design. I centered the lattice die on the cardstock when I cut it out, but would cut it out higher another time. The bitty butterflies from Papillon Potpouri with pearls in the middle were so eye catching that all it needed was a sentiment at the bottom.
This last piece is the window cutout that I again used the lattice template and glued pieces back in. I then ran it through the Bigshot with the square lattice embossing folder to give it the embedded look. Now I have a piece to make another card. No waste here!

No comments:

Post a Comment