Thursday, October 3, 2013

Two more Circle Thinlet cards

For this card, I used 5 1/2x8 1/2" strawberry slush cardstock. You can put one side through the thinlet to the top instead of under the cutting edge, but I also figured out that you can just put your cutting  plate partway-past the circle area- and it won't cut. Then you have an extra fold. See pics below with card closed, then open.
 I love the little chevrons in this thinlet set. It cuts 3 at a time, so I cut 2 sets in order to have 5 to use. Also included is the thx and hi, see next card, and the scallop circle. Definitely lots of value for the 32.95 cost. The dsp for this card is retired, it was a hostess choice from 2 catalogs ago. Often when I am making my first card or two, I use some retired products in case I mess up. But I like how both of these turned out. I added a little leaf sizzlit and some flowers from the itty bitty shapes punch pack. I used circles from the owl punch for the centers.
This next card is the standard sized thinlet card. Start with cardstock 5 1/2x6 and the thinlet cuts and scores in all the right places! This first picture is the inside. I left the circle plain for a note to be written. The dsp is from last years Holiday catalog paper stack. One side was less "Christmasy".

 I cut the scallop circle and hi at the same time. You can use either the "negative" or cutout image as is done here or the actual cutout as I did with the thx on the above card. For the finishing touch, I added a rhinestone jewel to dot the i.


No comments:

Post a Comment