Saturday, October 12, 2013

Joyful Season

This card is so sparkly, I love it!!!
It is a  case (copy and share everything) of a beautiful card that I saw created by Deb Valder for the Stampin' Up! Founders's Circle retreat.

~ The poinsettia was stamped with black stazon ink onto a  4x4 window sheet.

~ You need to pool about a one inch spot of crystal effects onto a piece of waxed paper and mix in 2 drops of real red (or cherry cobbler) re-inker and then paint onto the poinsettia on the side that was stamped. Use a smaller amount of crystal effects and 1 drop of old olive reinker to paint the leaves.

 ~ Then sprinkle with dazzling diamonds glitter. (the crystal effects paint washes out of the paint brush with soap and water if you do it before it dries). Set aside to dry about 1 hour, then cut out.
 
~ I added gold glitter glue for the berries. I tried adding some ribbon, but the sparkly image is all this card needs!
The sentiment is included in the set and there is a nice inside verse as well, all for $16.95 clear mount, $22.95 wood mount!
 This was my "goof card". I thought I was supposed to use vellum, but the color didn't show through as well so I didn't add the glitter. This would be prettier on vellum if you embossed the image first with gold, then color the back with marker. I will try that and add a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment