Saturday, December 13, 2014

Twist card (gift card holder)


I have been wanting to make one of these twist cards for a long time, and tried making one with whisper white cs, but then was at a loss for decorating it. I was again contemplating it to use as a gift card holder (it can be sent just as a card or you could tuck a photo in the pocket), and finally came up with the idea of using dsp for the actual card. Such a great idea if I do say so myself :) 

I had 4x12" strips left over from last years winter frost dsp and they were perfect! I trimmed it to 4x11 then scored corner to corner then folded that in half. VOILA! you have your card and just need to add some embellishments. I used my sister's idea to punch stars in a tree made with white shimmer paper and then back it with silver glimmer paper. The silver strands are from our retired silver cord that I separated into 8 separate strands. It twists and lays better than the thicker piece. You could also separate the silver strand from our silver bakers twine and save the leftover twine to be used alone. In order for the inside sentiment to show up, I used a layer of WW.
Try this as a great way to use up some of that dsp you have just begging to be shown some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment