Monday, May 27, 2013

Graduation "Spring Card"

I saw this card and decided we needed to make it for club. I have been trying to include a different fold card each month, so this fit the bill nicely. I know every school has different colors, but I had red embroidery floss to make the tassels, so that was the color theme for this card. I figure people could go home and make more in the color of their choice. I used one for a graduation party last week and the girl's mom and sister raved about it. The next two pictures are the whole card then more of a close up of the stamping. Directions follow these pics.


Directions for graduation "spring card". 
 
I have seen this type of card made a bit bigger, but then it doesn't fit into a regular size envelope, so I made my own dimensions using 1/2 sheet of cardstock.

Cut cardstock 4 1/4 x 9 3/4. Score at 3 3/8 and 5 1/2 with straight scoring board or cutter with scoring blade. Using diagonal scoring board, score at 3 3/8 and 7 1/8 then turn over and score again at 3 3/8 and 7 1/8. Cut excess triangles off at end of card and fold on all score lines. 
 
Layers on the front were: color-4 1/8 x 3 1/4 and white-3 7/8 x 3. I used a 3 x 3 square to layer for the cap. I used regular copy paper about 1 1/4" x 1 3/4" and rolled to make the diploma. I used the 5/16" retired brads and colored with a sharpie to make them black.

I made the tassels and got directions from someone's blog, but can't remember who or where. If you really want to make some, let me know and I will try to find it or write some of my own.

The next 2 pics are of the front and back of the cardstock scored and folded before finishing the card. I added a 2 7/8" square of white paper behind the cap to write a note.



No comments:

Post a Comment