Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP

I absolutely love the Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP that was in the Spring Catalog, so much so that I used it on our club cards for 3 months in a row.  But it is so versatile and all the cards have a different look and feel to them, except for a similar color scheme. Almost everything used on these 2 cards that we made this month will be retired May 31st.
 The whale card was really fun to make. I stamped the waves several times without reinking the stamp. Then I cut one of the waves with a knife so the whale could rest down into the water. Next I stamped the spout then embossed above the waves with the cloud folder. The 2 little fish were extras from the whale sizzlet and were stamped with the whale to give them the same polka dot appearance. The sentiment is part of the Oh Whale! set.
Looking at this card, you would never know it was from the same paper pack, but it is! I used the pinwheel sizzlet and made a spinner card. The base is Lucky Limeade which will no longer be available. But Pear Pizazz is coming back, so I won't complain too much. I used the cloud embossing folder on this card also. I can't believe it didn't make it into the new catalog, maybe there will be a carryover list (fingers crossed). 
This is a card that I made for a bridal shower that also uses the same dsp. I used the same layout, but changed the colors for our April club card (don't have a picture). I decide marina mist with the cloud folder would look more like sky. Then we stamped another umbrella and cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals. Everyone chose their own sentiment for the front since it sould be used for bridal or baby shower, but also birthday or thinking of you. Rain or Shine is such a versatile set that will  also be gone the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment