Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gorgeous Grunge meets rainbow

This "gorgeous" stamp set is found on pg 109 of the Stampin'Up! annual catalog (24.95 wood mount, 17.95 clear mount). I liked it when I saw it, but it did not make it to my wish list, at least not until I saw some samples by some wonderful ladies on Stampin' Connection.
 
Debbie Blake made a set of cards using rainbow colors that I just fell in love with, so I HAD to get this set! She used a white layer on a white card base. I tried to add a color layer, but couldn't find a color that I was happy with, so went with black. I must have seen a card by Melissa Stout at some point, because I later saw that is what she did. Both Debbie and Melissa added rhinestones to the first card below, but I found some black leftover from some SU had sold for Halloween one year that really made a POP. (you can also use a sharpie to color rhinestones black) I also stamped all sentiments with black ink.
 
The rainbow colors that I chose were Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pacific Point, and Rich Razzleberry. But you could make your own rainbow color choices!

 I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line both of these cards up.

 I should have used a stamp-a-ma-jig for the card below!
This next card was inspired by Andrea Borries. The stripes image looks just like a candle, then ink just the one splotch with a marker for the flame. On this card, I did use some colored card stock instead of all white. When looking back to see who I needed to credit for my ideas, I see that she added a rhinestone to the flame, so I am going to go do that now.
Who wouldn't want to receive one of these cards in the mail?
Leave me a comment telling me which card you would like to receive and I will randomly choose a winner on Sat 9/7. I will contact you for an address then if I don't have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment