Saturday, September 7, 2013

More sunburst cards

Warning, this technique is addicting!
 
The measurements for the pieces of paper for this first card are 1 1/2x4", then cut each diagonally into 2 triangles (use paper cutter to cut edges straight). You can repeat the pattern or use both sides for different patterns. The paper backing to glue the triangles to is 3x5"-see picture below with triangles glued. You then turn the paper over and trim the excess.
 
This card below uses modern medley designer paper, scallop circle punches, A Round Array stamp set (for you), and the arrows are from Hello Lovely stamp set. Ribbon is vanilla taffeta and 1/8 " black taffeta.
 For the next two cards I used 1 1/4 x 4" rectangles of quatrefancy. This first card is centered beginning in the middle, the next one starts at one side and is a bit off center (deliberately). There is no right or wrong way to make these. I used island indigo ruffled ribbon (retired) below.
 I added pool party card stock that is dry embossed to the next card and a repeating pattern. A little less busy. The ribbon is new in color strawberry slush ruffled stretch trim.
My inspiration for this card is the sample on pg 110 of the SU catalog. But I made the card regular size, not longer as in the sample. I used cardstock here and some is embossed with the Bigshot and embossing folders. I also stamped on the white card stock.
As most of you know, I am frugal, thrifty, or cheap. I did a lot of measuring and figured out exact size of rectangles needed, the width is 1 1/4 for all. It is more work though, so really it's easier to just make them all 4 " long.


No comments:

Post a Comment